The nail being the feminine asset par excellence and wishing to remain “beautiful to the tips of the nails”. However, the ridge crept up your fingernails. Don’t worry right away, having ridged nails is not a big deal! Today, your nail supply expert Maryton will give you some tips to prevent ridged nails.
- Beware of manual work or the use of chemicals. Remember to wear gloves and protect your nails.
- Consider taking vitamins.
- Eat foods rich in iron, zinc and B-12.
- Don’t spend too much time at the nail salon, because some products (like acrylic nails) can weaken and damage your nails.
- Don’t abuse the nail file.
- Don’t bite your nails.
- Take regular warm water or oil baths.
- Cut your nails after bathing or showering while they are still soft.
- Choose a mild solvent without acetone to remove your nail polish.
- Take olive oil baths several times a month to strengthen the keratin in your nails.
- Massage your nails with castor oil or sweet almond oil.
- Rub your nails with lemon juice to strengthen them.
- Dip your fingers in warm, salty water.
- When you’re done with nail polish remover, rinse your hands with water immediately to reduce exposure to acetone.
In order to care for your nails, I advise you to invest in a complete manicure kit!
Read also: Ridged nails: care and treatment