Nail prosthetics is not just a field of aesthetics, it is also part of an expertise for nail health. Do you wonder why there are lines, bumps or irregularities in the nails, or why the nails hurt? In this article, your expert nail supplier Maryton will reveal truths you don’t know about nails.
The cause of lines and other irregularities on the nails
It may happen that some benign traces appear on the nails.
- Lines on the nail: ridged nails are often the result of aging keratin, but can also be a sign of iron and vitamin deficiencies;
- White spots under the nail: the small white spots that appear under the nail are the result of micro-shocks received on the surface.
- Yellow marks on the nails: these may be due to regular exposure to tobacco, or may be related to diabetes or taking antibiotics.
Why do nails wave?
Nails distorted into waves are common. They are the result of different factors, such as:
- Aggressive external treatments;
- Environmental factors;
- Repeated shocks;
- Biting your nails regularly;
- Microbial diseases (rheumatoid arthritis, lichen)…
If the nails are curved, it is a rather special deformation that can result from anemia, caused by a deficiency in vitamin C or iron.
Why are fingernails painful?
Some of the most common causes of nail pain include:
- Fungal infections;
- Ingrown toenails;
- Bacterial infection;
- Paronychia or inflammation around the nail;
As a nail technician, you can prevent and report on the first symptoms of a nail in poor health. Besides, I advise you to invest in a complete professional manicure kit to care for your nails!