Much more natural and nail-friendly, false nails are conquering more and more women. Here is everything you need to know about these allies of the perfect manicure.
How are false nails applied?
- In institute: The first step is to prepare the nail, to promote adhesion of the gel or resin, by lightly roughening and then applying a special product. Then we work on the material, the shape and the length with the help of a flexible support adjusted to the finger or a capsule. Once the resin or gel has hardened, polishing and buffing is carried out with mechanical cutters.
- At home: Very often women who want to put nails at home, for an evening or a few days, buy “tips” and special glue sold in supermarkets.
What are the “pluses” and “minuses” of each technique?
With gel or resin modeling, there is no particular disadvantage, nor “lifespan”. However, they require regular maintenance in an institute, approximately every 3 weeks: it is the average time for the regrowth of the natural nail which reveals a demarcation at the level of the nail bed. As with hair colors, the “roots” appear after a few weeks. With capsules, the result may be less natural than that of the modeled nail… The gel is more shiny than the resin.
Is there a preferred technique depending on the nature of your nail?
For bitten nails, it is preferable to make a “base” in resin for better hold, you can add gel for a shiny finish. Moreover, resin modeling is the best antidote against bitten nails…
4 tips to have perfect and natural fake nails
- Sand. For maintenance at home, between two fillings, gently sand the surface with a polishing block.
- Polish. Use the polishing side of the polishing block to restore shine.
- To feed. Fortify the cuticle area daily with a nourishing cream or oil.
- File. Use a special nail file for artificial nails if you need to reshape.
OK! Now that you have known how to choose the right false nails, bring your manicure kit and start your manicure trip quickly! It doesn’t matter if you don’t have nail products. We have everything all you need in Maryton nail supply.
Read also: Nail art ideas for Christmas