Do you spend time giving yourself a manicure, even more time doing nail art and then in a few seconds and with a little snap, all that effort goes down the drain? Your nails are soft, fragile and brittle and you don’t know what to do to strengthen them? Now your expert nail supplier Maryton will help you treat your fragile nails.
1. Protect your nails
To be able to treat your fragile nails, you have to start with small daily gestures.
- Don’t expose your nails to chemicals: Detergents are good for cleaning, but very harmful for the nails. To protect your nails, consider wearing rubber gloves.
- Don’t use a solvent that contains acetone: Acetone destroys the fatty film that protects the nail and therefore it will dry it out and make it brittle. Even worse, the skin around the nail is also dry, forming dead skin.
- Don’t bit your nails: Onychophagy makes our nails soft and brittle. The fact of putting our nails in the mouth and that they come into contact with saliva, it weakens them. Biting your nails destroys the keratin layers of the nail and causes them to split.
2. Nourish and moisturize your nails
Healthy nails are well-nourished nails. Moisturize your nails daily with olive, sweet almond or castor oil. Take the time to massage them so that the oil penetrates the nail.
- Lemon and olive oil: Mix in a small bowl, a little olive oil and half a lemon. You can either soak your nails in the mixture for 5 minutes or soak cotton with the mixture and massage the cotton into your nails.
- Clay, water and olive oil: Mix in a small bowl, a little clay and water until you get a paste. Add two tablespoons of olive oil at the end. Then, dip your fingers in the mixture and let it act. Once the clay has become dry, wash your hands with warm water.
- Water and salt: Just mix two spoons of salt in a bowl of water and then soak your hands in it for about 10 minutes, you have super clean and strong nails.
We hope you enjoy this article! To get all the necessary equipment, I advise you to invest in a complete manicure kit! To help you in your choice, I invite you to visit our website.
Read also: Chocolate Manicure